UBC VP Academic Website
Content strategy, writing and other editorial services to help bring the new VP Academic website to life.
Helping to create an engaging online presence for a high-profile UBC unit
This was one of a number of projects I worked on for UBC Web Services as an extension of their in-house team, providing ongoing content strategy and writing support for their internal clients. VP Academic is a crucial part of UBC’s public face (no pressure), and this project coincided with the birth of my daughter. Despite my bleary-eyed and occasionally baby vomit-splattered presence in meetings, the end result is a much more usable and engaging website that follows UBC brand guidelines and delivers on the client’s objectives. As well as working with the team to plan the content, create and validate the IA, and act as Managing Editor at the content production stage, I wrote high-level copy and content guidelines to help provide direction for the rest of the copy.
- Created a content inventory, and audited and reviewed existing content
- Made recommendations for improvements and direction
- Created a new information architecture
- Developed page tables to guide the content creation stage
- Acted as Managing Editor, working with the writer to ensure consistency and suitability of voice and subject matter