UX and brand copywriting for a redesigned website to clarify and promote background check services to specific audiences.
Focused copywriting to meet user and business needs
I was hired by an interactive design shop to help redefine the messaging and capture the desired brand voice for a new SaaS website for Certn. I wrote all new copy for the core pages, including communicating subtly different key messages for the two main audiences. Also suggested improvements to other pages that were initially out of scope, including sales pages and the About page, to ensure the whole website hangs together. For the About page, I simply edited the copy and used web writing best practice to quickly transform what was previously one long block of text into a much more useful and readable page.
- Wrote clear, concise copy that fit with supplied wireframes, followed detailed brand guidelines, and met client needs
- Helped to define the brand voice and tone, and ensure the copy captured that
- Ensured product benefits were clearly stated
- Wrote on-brand headlines and subheads
- Clarified how the product worked without getting too technical
- Worked in SEO keywords as needed