First Nations Financial Management Board Website
Content strategy and copywriting to help FNFMB clarify its services as part of a website redesign.
Clearly communicating complex subject matter
The FNFMB has been supporting First Nations across Canada since 2006. As part of their website redesign project, user research told them their audience had problems understanding what FNFMB did, why they did it, and the benefits for First Nations. The old website was extremely copy heavy, laden with jargon, and not focused on audience needs. I worked closely with the FNFMB subject matter experts to rewrite all content into plain language and restructure it for readability (for example, using clear subheads and step-by-step instructions), while maintaining the brand voice.
- Created information architecture for the second and third levels
- Created content models (content structure) for success stories, service pages and other content
- Reviewed existing content and made recommendations for improvements
- Clarified the FNFMB’s value proposition and purpose on the home page
- Wrote all new user-friendly, on-brand headlines, subheads, body copy and calls to action
- Wrote new success stories from provided documentation and interviews