UBC VP Academic Website
Content strategy, writing and other editorial services to help bring the new VP Academic website to life.
Helping to create an engaging online presence for a high-profile UBC unit
This was one of a number of projects I worked on for UBC Web Services as an extension of their in-house team, providing ongoing content strategy and writing support for their internal clients. VP Academic is a crucial part of UBC’s public face (no pressure), and this project coincided with the birth of my daughter. The end result is a much more usable and engaging website that follows UBC brand guidelines and delivers on the client’s objectives. As well as leading the content strategy portion and working with the team to plan the content, create and validate the IA, I also took on a Managing Editor at the content production stage and wrote high-level copy and content guidelines to help provide direction for the web writer.
- Created a content inventory, and audited and reviewed existing content
- Made recommendations for improvements and direction
- Created a new information architecture
- Developed page tables to guide the content creation stage
- Worked with the web writer to ensure consistency and suitability of voice and subject matter